Wednesday, June 6, 2012

backyard developments

 Miniature gardening is HUGE!  I had no idea there were so many resources and so many great ideas out there.  All I wanted to do was resurrect a small area in my mom's rock garden and maybe create a home for the local Fairies and Gnomes.

Do not tell me I have too much time on my hands,
because I do not!  But this is fun!




Made the bird bath with a tiny clay pot and clay pot liner.


If you love the beach, your fairy garden has to include a sand castle with (Haitian) beach sand.  Will add the sea shells tomorrow.  The sand castle is a fish tank decoration reduced for clearance at the local pet store. 

The fairy house was a Marshall's find that I painted and embellished.

Toadstool Fairy Dancers!


'Fairy Hollow'
... a natural cork round purchased at the local pet store for reptiles, amphibians and arachnids to hide in ... PERFECT for fairies to hide in!

The tiny table  is made from Cypress Knee slices.

a work in progress!  Looking for choice miniature plants everywhere (just swiped some from Kathy's yard today ... again) and have new ideas every day ...


and Rog completed my SUCCULENT DOCK!  Complete with dock ropes, sea gull and beach signs!  Doubles as side table to set down your favorite summer drink!

Lexi watching the chipmunks run through the fairy garden!

4 comments:

  1. When can I move in. It looks quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ger. How awesome! I love your fairy place. It's great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Gloria! Thx for the Pic Monkey lead and I'm going to dust off my bike too! Good to hear from you! Keep in touch!

      Delete

thx for the note! i do appreciate your time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...