Wednesday, August 18, 2010

wishes along the way ...

Here I am back in 1975 ... popped this right out of the 1975
St. Paul Catholic High School yearbook. This was my informal shot and you got to write whatever you wanted (within reason) below your photo ... my wish back then, "If only the hands that reach ... could touch" (they called me ger and r.s.c. was an old boyfriend). I didn't give her credit back then but I guess
Mary A. Loberg said
"if only ALL the hands that reach could touch ..."
sorry Mary!
That wish meant a lot to me then ~ i liked it a lot and i've had many wishes along the way. My sister (MiSHELL ... it's really spelled 'Michele' ... i'm just running with the SHELL thing) gave me the bar stool below (thx SHELL). Bar stool has a story too, but we aren't going to share that story now.
This is my new studio stool - all done!

and it needed a wish ... my wish of this summer day ... was ...
"may you always have a seashell in your pocket
and sand between your toes ... "



i tied tiny glass beads and seashells that Mother Nature had already put holes in on ocean blue waxed cotton cord to the upper stool rungs















i wish ...
i always had a seashell in my pocket and sand between my toes!
... have a great rest-of-your week
what's YOUR wish?

1 comment:

  1. beautiful stool, beautiful wish.

    my wish....I can't think of anything nearly as poetic.

    ReplyDelete

thx for the note! i do appreciate your time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...